TGIF with us this summer as we launch Fridays on Front, a brand new weekly community experience in Downtown New West!
Have you attended a #FridaysonFront event this summer? Please tell us what you think! Fill out our quick survey here.
Historic Front Street has undergone a significant upgrade over the past few years as part of a new riverfront vision. The City of New Westminster removed part of the parkade and reconstructed Front Street into a modern, pedestrian friendly mews which officially opens on Friday, July 7th.
Fridays on Front will run every Friday evening from 5:00-8:00pm for eight consecutive weeks (July 7 – August 25) on the 600-block of Front Street. The family friendly community market will feature artisan vendors from New West Farmers Market and New West Craft, live music from the New Westminster Arts Council, and of course, our favourite Food Trucks from the Columbia StrEAT Food Truck Fest.
Highlights for Aug 25th (our last one!) include:
- Live Music by Malagrupa + Eddie Lam
- Port of Vancouver games & fun for all ages!
- Kids Chalk Zone by Christopher J. Design
- Piva Modern Italian on site! As we eagerly await their opening at Anvil Centre this Fall, they'll be serving up some sample fair to tide us over - come give them a try for the first time
- Food Trucks: Vij's Railway Express, Hunger Management, Cheeses Crust, C'est Si Bon, Bread & Cheese, Carte Diem
- Vagabond Bar will be serving up Steel & Oak beers on tap + wine (must bring ID)
- Front Street businesses: The Wine Factory tours, Old Crow Coffee Co., Hive City (selling Johnny's Pops), Antique Alley record sale, Raincity Juicery
- Vendors from New West Craft
- Please enter via McKenzie Street & Columbia, no skateboards or bikes allowed, bar sales end at 7:30pm sharp, cash or credit only - visit a drink tix station next to the Vagabond Bar or at the Tourism New West booth to get yours before you hit the bar (non refundable and this will be the last night to use them!)
The Downtown New West BIA has teamed up with Steel & Oak Brewing Co. to fully license Front Street. You’ll be able to grab a beer or glass of wine from Vancouver’s first bar truck, the Vagabond Bar Truck, then stroll throughout the event, enjoying live music, unique shopping, a riverfront breeze and scenic views.
It gets even better, admission is FREE and our family friendly community markets are just mere steps away from two Skytrain stations. With new vendors and food trucks each week, reserve your Fridays this summer for an experience that is sure to be the talk of the town.
*all photos by Andres Markwart
Presented by the Downtown New West BIA in partnership with the City of New Westminster, Vancouver Port Authority, Bosa Development, New West Farmers Market, New West Craft, the Arts Council of New Westminster, and Steel & Oak Brewing Co.