TGIF with us this summer as we bring back Fridays on Front, an epic weekly community experience in Downtown New West!
Fridays on Front will run every Friday evening from 5:00-9:00pm for eight consecutive weeks (July 6 – August 24) on the 600-block of Front Street. This family friendly community experience will feature artisan vendors from New West Craft, live music curated by the New Westminster Arts Council, strength from Strong Side Conditioning, and of course, our favourite Food Trucks from the Columbia StrEAT Food Truck Fest.
Highlights for August 24th - 5 to 9pm
- LAST CHANCE TO REDEEM YOUR BAR TOKENS - THIS IS THE LAST FRIDAYS ON FRONT OF THE SUMMER!
- Bar: Steel & Oak + Steamworks + Pacific Breeze Winery available at two bars
- Food Trucks: Gary's Kettle Corn, Rolling Cashew, Snow Cloud Shavery, Cannoli King, Mo Bacon, It's All About Grill, Brazilian Roots and Japadog
- Music: Trevor Whitridge & Guests
- Market: New West Craft, Antique Alley, Columbia Street Sandwich Co, Hive Cafe, Old Crow Coffee Co, The Wine Factory, New West Film Fest, Elizabeth Fry Society + El Santo
Bar Service will be available from 5:00 to 8:30pm (19 years +) Please drink responsibly! Here are a few other need to knows:
- Intoxicated persons may not enter or will be removed from the event
- No minors may consume alcohol (19 years +)
- If you appear under the age of 30, you will be required to show 2 pieces of ID
- Beer and wine tokens are non-refundable, but valid all summer long, $5 for beer and $7 for wine
- Beer and wine tokens will be sold from 5pm to 8:20pm, bar service ends at 8:30pm
- Beer and wine tokens can be purchased by cash or credit card (preferred), no debit available
- No outside beverages of any kind will be permitted
- No bicycles or skateboards permitted
- All vendors are subject to change without notice, although we do our best to keep this information up to date!
The Downtown New West BIA has teamed up with Steel & Oak Brewing Co. to fully license Front Street. You’ll be able to grab a Steel & Oak beer, a glass of wine AND a variety of guest breweries will be pouring this summer too:
July 6th: Dageraad Brewing
July 13th: Parkside Brewery
July 20th: Central City Brewers + Distillers
July 27th: Moody Ales
August 3rd: Yellow Dog Brewing
August 10th: Four Winds Brewing Co.
August 17th: Twin Sails Brewing
It gets even better, admission is FREE and our family friendly events are just mere steps away from two Skytrain stations. With new vendors, entertainment and food trucks each week, reserve your Fridays this summer for an experience that is sure to be the talk of the town.
*all photos by Andres Markwart
Presented by Douglas College, and produced by the Downtown New West BIA in partnership with the City of New Westminster, Vancouver Port Authority, Bosa Development, Strong Side Conditioning, New West Craft, the Arts Council of New Westminster, and Steel & Oak Brewing Co.