- Created on Wednesday, 01 August 2012 22:59
Photo Credit: Techno Monkey Media, Inc. A super cool Downtown New West company!
Columbia has one of the most unique mixes of stores and businesses around, with something for everyone (and it’s super easy to get to by transit). Here are just a few highlights, search our Business Directory to see the full list!
Unique Gems ~
- Sherlock’s The British Store: If you can’t quite make it to this year’s Olympics, come on in and explore the next best thing, Sherlock’s the British Store which specializes in everything British, from their British meats, to British imports, football gear and sweets. They also have a café with soups, sandwiches, daily specials and high tea.
- Karmavore: Is our vegan all-in-one store that doubles as both a café and specialty shop. Their vegan café has everything from burgers, cakes, ice-cream, cheeses, and a deli. And their shop also sells vegan groceries, cosmetics, fashion, footwear, home ware and books (with 10% of their profits donated to animal welfare charities).
Fashion & Jewelry ~
- The Bridal District: Anyone looking to buy bridal, grad, or formal wear should definitely take a walk down Columbia. With so much selection (see our directory for a full list of stores) you’re sure to find what you’re looking for.
- Polka Dot: A cute boutique that carries unique and versatile pieces for every occasion.
- Moody Beads: Specializes in all things jewelry and allows you to DIY and create your own pieces. If you’re a beginner, they offer workshops and classes to help get you started.
Home Décor ~
- Lofty Living: Is a local home décor store with pieces that instantaneously bring elegance and style to any home. Whether it’s something as small as a decorative centre piece, to a full chandelier or couch, you’re sure to find the perfect update to your home.
- The Urban Gypsy is unique in that all its stylish home decor products are imported from India & South East Asia.