What to check out this October
Our top five staff picks October 2015
Excited to see so much going on in Downtown New West, we've combed through all the fun happenings and picked our top five.Read more...
Downtown New West Events
WHAT'S HAPPENING IN DOWNTOWN NEW WEST?
Visit our events page and see what's happening in Downtown New West. Have an event we should know about? Tell us about it here.
Downtown New West Business Directory
Downtown Business directory
A complete guide of businesses in Downtown New West. Discover what the Lower Mainland’s most historic and hip neighbourhood has to offer.
The 2012 Key West Ford Show and Shine
The popular event that really shines is once again rolling into Downtown New West July 8th! Cool cars, great eats, and interactive free fun for the whole family....
Come and join in the fun! All along Columbia Street in Downtown New West, free parking on the Downtown Parkade via 4th Street and easily assessible by New West or Columbia Skytrain Stations. Presented by Key West Ford, the Downtown New West BIA and the City of New Westminster.
Saturday July 7th - Poker Run Registration 10am to 1pm at City Hall - Just $10 to join in the fun!
The Walking, Cycling, Car and Motorcycle Poker Runs kick off at New Westminster City Hall from 10am to 1pm, with tons of fun stops along each route, ending up at Boston Pizza at Columbia Square Plaza where prizes will be awarded at 4pm. EVERYONE IS WELCOME, no matter what kind of vehicles, motorcycle, bicycle or sneakers you may be sporting! Lots of great prizing including a 7 night's stay in Mexico for the grand prize winner! You can come by City Hall and pre-register your car or motorcycle for the Sunday Show & Shine as well.
Sunday July 8th - 10am to 6pm on Columbia Street - $25 to register a car/motorcycle - FREE TO ATTEND!
Cars and motorcycles registering for the Show & Shine should come to Columbia at Stewardson Way via Front Street or Stewardson between 8am and 10am.
Then the fun starts at 10am with live music, great food, and classic, vintage, and custom cars & motorcycles lining the streets! Two stages at Hyack Square and 6th & Columbia will have live music throughout the day, Japadog, Chronic Tacos, and Re-up BBQ among others will be on hand to feed you and several fun interactive vendors will greet you all along Columbia Street!
What's new this year?
- Key West Ford Block between 8th & Begbie featuring the Roush Booth and Photo Opp with Kirk McLean
- Trev Deeley Motorcycles Block on Begbie
- Visit the Northbank Presentation Centre and fall in love with the views!
- In addition to car/motorcycle runs register for Walking and Cycling Poker Run routes! Start at City Hall between 10am and 1pm on Saturday July 7 to win awesome prizing! (see more info at the bottom of this page)
- 50/50 Draw in partnership with RCH Foundation
- Japadog, Chronic Tacos, and Re-up BBQ among several great food vendors
- West Coast Wellness & Living Oasis sponsored by the West Coast College of Massage Therapy - Ladies you won't want to miss out on mini manis, massages, and shopping in the courtyard oasis at 6th & Columbia
- Bosleys Pet Lounge - give your dog a beak! Water and shade for our furry friends
- Classic, Collectable, and Vintage Sales Lot at the East End of Columbia Street
- Fantastic Entertainment from the New Orleans Ale Stars and Marty Bernard with the Bloo Zebras featuring Jack Lavin