It's that time of the year to celebrate the old man, and here are the top 4 ways to do it this year!
1. Get Him His Flowers
Who doesn't like a bouquet of fresh, fragrant flowers? They're a universal symbol of love and gratitude, and there are so many places to get flowers from in Downtown. Some of our top picks would be Peonies Fine Flowers, GJ House Flowers & Gifts and Queen's Park Florists.
Photo taken from @peoniesfineflowers on Instagram
2. Shop for an Unforgettable Gift
If your dad has a wishlist sitting around somewhere, perfect! You could probably find one of the items in our businesses here. If not, we've got a few ideas.
- Leading Man Tuxedos has the suavest ties and dress shirts. They'll have your dad feeling like the CEO in every room he steps in!
- If he's into collectibles and gnarly finds, Antique Alley has the coolest stuff for that sort of thing
- Wanting something more casual? Mila + Paige has some adorable dad merch
- Gift cards from Landmark Cinemas are awesome cause your dad can choose to watch whatever he likes with them
Photo taken from Mila + Paige's website
3. Plan An Activity
There are so many sweet things happening this summer in Downtown (cause it's #BounceBack season, ahem). Luckily, Pier Park's 10th anniversary falls on the Friday before Father's Day. It's a perfect family event to celebrate your dad ahead of time! If you're looking for something more on time, perhaps winemaking at The Wine Factory is the perfect option! Or why not make a Turkish lamp at our newest business - the Mosaic Art Studio.
Photo taken from @vancouver.mosaicartstudio.ca on Instagram
Nothing's better than a good meal! Luckily for you, that's all that Downtown restaurants carry. Dads love The Paddlewheeler & Cockney Kings for their classic favourites. If you're in the mood to treat your dad to a more acquired taste, El Santo has exciting Mexican dishes, & The Met has a stunning patio & ambience that is just perfect for the season!
Photo taken from @metbargrill on Instagram
Happy Father's Day to you and your dad! We hope you make the day super special by following these Downtown tips!
Read how to have the perfect Staycation in DTNW this summer here.