You asked for another chance to play, here it is... #QuestNewWest is back starting Canada Day!
This summer, you’ve got a another shot at weekly prizes and the grand prize of $1000 cash!
Douglas College and the Downtown New Westminster Business Improvement Association are bringing back Quest New West for another year. If you missed out on this fun event to get families out of the house and explore our wonderful downtown last year, well now’s your chance!
#QuestNewWest offers a weekly adventure around the downtown area, full of fun challenges that are free and accessible to all. This will be a scavenger hunt style experience, however where you go and how you complete the challenges is up to you. Share your experience online for a chance to win weekly prizes and submit your answers on the event website where you could win the $1000 cash grand prize!
#QuestNewWest will take you to all corners of Downtown New West. It’ll test your local knowledge while you remain physically distanced and outdoors. You can play along with your family, friends or take on the challenge solo. Along the journey you’ll encounter surprises from your local businesses and perhaps even find some new gems.
Every week is another chance to participate, because we know you want to make the best of this summer. So, get your walking shoes, bikes, and your picnic blankets ready, it's time for #QuestNewWest.
Week One! 1st - 5th of July, 2021
This week in Quest New West you’ll be taken around River Market and the surrounding area in Downtown New Westminster and have 2 ways to win!
During your quest journey if you post about it on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram with the #QuestNewWest on a public account, you’ll be entered for a chance to win a $50 gift certificate for either Butcher’s Table, Piva Modern Italian, Spud Shack, or Re-Up BBQ! So be sure to take lots of pictures while you’re out adventuring.
The second way to win is of course our grand prize! Just by competing in Quest New West and submitting your answers on fridaysquest.com you will be entered to win the grand prize of $1000! The winner will be announced at the end of the month so be sure to participate every week for more chances to win.
As a special bonus this week the Downtown New West team will be hosting a popup along the boardwalk near River Market on Canada Day (July 1st!) from 12:00pm – 2:00pm. Come find us and we'll treat you to a free gelato from Tre Galli! (Limited quantities available, plan your adventure accordingly.)
How to Play:
- At noon each Thursday we will release the challenges & clues online here
- Share your adventure by posting publicly to FB/Insta/Twitter with the hashtag #QuestNewWest to win weekly prizes of $50 gift certificates from various Downtown New West restaurants
- Complete the challenges and submit your answers by 8pm each Monday for a chance at the grand prize of $1000!
- Come hungry and visit one of our delicious eateries while playing!
- Keep up to date on our social media to find out when you can play and get some free extra stuff from various Downtown New West Businesses.
- Always be sure to follow current public health orders.
- If you feel sick, stay home.
- Play kind, play calm, play safe!
Fridays #QuestNewWest Series 2021 Terms & Conditions
#1. NAME OF SPONSORS AND PARTNERS.
This series is brought to you by Douglas College and the Downtown New West BIA with supporter from the City of New Westminster. This Quest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to the Downtown New West BIA and not to any other party.
This competition is open to residents of British Columbia aged 18 years or over except for employees of the Downtown New West BIA, their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organization or anyone who helped create and/or produce the Quest. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this Quest. By entering this Quest, an entrant is indicating their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
#3: RULES AND GUIDELINES; HOW AND WHEN TO ENTER.
Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via https://www.fridaysquest.com. The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
- Closing date for weekly prize entries will be Monday at 8pm, each week in July. After this date no further entries to the weekly competition will be permitted.
- Closing date for grand prize entries will be July 26th. After this date no further entries to the grand prize competition will be permitted.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- Keep your answers to yourself. Sharing answers in any way, shape or form will result in disqualification. Teams may work together and submit multiple entries with different email addresses.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for any reason.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by Canadian law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of a third-party mediator.
#4. HOW AND WHEN WINNERS WILL BE SELECTED AND NOTIFIED.
The prize winners will be selected and notified as follows:
- The Downtown New West BIA will judge the competition and choose winners each week, picked at random from all complete entries via Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Each week, four (4) gift card winners will be chosen from photos posted publicly with the hashtag #QuestNewWest.
- The grand prize will be chosen at random from all complete entries via https://fridaysquest.com/ after the contest closes at 8pm on July 26th. The winner will be drawn at random.
- The prize is as stated, and no other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability, and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and not up for dispute.
The prizes are as follows:
- Four weekly winners will receive a $50 gift card to a Downtown New West restaurant after the weekly competition closes on each Monday in July at 8pm.
- One winner will receive the grand prize of $1000 cash after the competition closes on July 26th, 2021, at 8pm.
#7. RELEASES & WINNERS’ LIST.
The winners’ names will be released as follows:
- Winners will be notified by email and/or DM on Twitter/Facebook and/or letter within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 7 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The winner agrees to the use of their name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner, or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current Canadian data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
#8. MISCELLANEOUS / WINNERS’ LIST.
- The Downtown New West BIA shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
- The Downtown New West BIA also reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.